Will your church welcome those with HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) and AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome) and their families with love and acceptance? The Christian response to a person with HIV/AIDS must be compassionate, helpful, and redemptive. Jesus, as our example, cared for those with disease with a personal demonstration of God’s love (Luke 5:12-16).
Stand together in the following:
- We believe in the value of human life as a gift from God, thus we believe that all people, healthy and diseased, are loved by God.
- We do not believe that those who have tested positive for HIV or have AIDS have incurred a direct punishment from God.
- No one with HIV will be excluded from the life, activities and fellowship of (Your Church).
- We encourage everyone, including those who have AIDS or have tested positive for HIV, to make a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- We understand that since this virus is not spread by-casual contact, there is no risk of contacting the AIDS virus from any infected adult or child in the church setting.
- We welcome all children and adults who are HIV+ to join us in worship, Sunday School, Bible Study, and special events and all church activities.
- All qualified adults with AIDS are welcome to teach Sunday School.
- Infants with HIV/AIDS will not be allowed in the Nursery with other babies because of their special needs, but parents are encouraged to bring them to our Services.
- We commit to educate and teach God’s values! AIDS is preventable! It can be prevented by avoiding sexual contact before marriage and by maintaining a faithful, monogamous, heterosexual relationship with an uninfected person in marriage. It can also be prevented by avoiding intravenous drug use.
As a Church, will you commit to stand with Jesus Christ in expressing His compassion and love!
We ask for a confidential disclosure to a member of our Church Leadership so that we might assist in seeking Godly direction and love.
“A new commandment I give you: Love one another as I have loved you, so you must love one another. All men will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.”
We hope that this example of a Church AIDS Policy will help you in expressing the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. And let us know when your church has taken this wonderful step. God bless you!